rogerloranbailey

Readings and Ramblings

This is Readings and Ramblings. It is readings because this is a site for blogging about books and I intend to do that. It is ramblings because I might want to write about something else now and then.

Stories from the Twilight Zone

Stories from the Twilight Zone - Rod by Serling These are all adaptations of Twilight Zone episodes that were broadcast in 1959. Each one has a transcript of Rod Serling's voice-over at the end of the story. There is nothing really profound about any of the stories. They are really just light entertainment and might be considered a bit of fluff. However, they are still entertaining. Reading them was a real nostalgia trip for me. I can't say that I was there to watch them in 1959, but they continued to be replayed in reruns for decades afterwards and I am sure that they are still being rerun. It has, nevertheless, been many years since I have seen them. While reading them I actually remembered them and I remembered them with pleasure. Over the years some of the wonder and suspense I felt over them in my younger days had dissipated, but the remembrance was still pleasant. I just might look around for the other Twilight Zone books.