rogerloranbailey

Readings and Ramblings

This is Readings and Ramblings. It is readings because this is a site for blogging about books and I intend to do that. It is ramblings because I might want to write about something else now and then.

Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope - Don Van Ryn, Susie Van Ryn, Newell Cerak, Colleen Cerak, Whitney Cerak, Mark Tabb I clearly remembered hearing about this case of mistaken identity in news broadcasts and when I came across this book I thought it would be interesting to learn something about the details of the case. I got the details and it could have been really interesting. The problem was that the book was filled with religious preaching. I detest religion and I detest books that push the superstitious nonsense. As I read it I kept thinking that I might give it a star for actually telling the story that I was reading it for, but in the end I just could not bring myself to do it. The entire book is permeated with the religious crap and the authors practically state that the reason for writing the book was to convert people to their religion. That is, this is not just a story of a trajedy that effected two families that happened to be religious. It is purposely preachy. The families actually used a trajedy to push religious nonsense. I could not allow myself to give it anything but the very lowest rating for that.