rogerloranbailey

Readings and Ramblings

This is Readings and Ramblings. It is readings because this is a site for blogging about books and I intend to do that. It is ramblings because I might want to write about something else now and then.

The Grays - Whitley Strieber I had to restrain myself from giving this two stars or even one star. The problem is that the author is a flying saucer kook. He claims to have been abducted by space aliens and been given rides on flying saucers all around the earth and outer space. He has appeared on the Art Bell show promoting this wacky stuff and has written books pushing it. I tend to suspect that this novel is just another attempt to sell his snake oil. However, I am not rating Whitley Strieber except for how he does in writing this particular book. I am not rating his activities outside of writing this book. I ask myself this question. If I knew nothing about Whitley Strieber except for this book then what would I think about it alone? The answer would be and is that I liked it. It is a good and entertaining science fiction novel about space aliens that are secretly among us with mysterious and nefarious purposes. So I am giving it four stars.