rogerloranbailey

Readings and Ramblings

This is Readings and Ramblings. It is readings because this is a site for blogging about books and I intend to do that. It is ramblings because I might want to write about something else now and then.

Measuring Up

Measuring Up - Kevin Leman This is a self help book and I am not a big fan of self help books in the first place. I read it because it was on hand and not because I expected that I would consider it a great book. I thought that I might give it three stars. Then, after I had been reading it a while, I found out what the real gist was. Like most self help books there is some fairly good advice in it and like most self help books the good advice is really just common sense. Like most self help books there is some bad advice too. In this book Leman discredits himself and any good advice he might have by pushing religion. Honestly, whenever someone just assumes that I am gullible enough to actually believe religious doctrine I feel insulted and offended. It is also a disservice to the people who are gullible enough to believe religious doctrine. The further I progressed through this book the heavier handed the religion became and the more worthless the book seemed.